HOPES are high that Whitehaven’s Civic Hall could be saved with a crucial cash boost from The Big Lottery. (1 comment)
- Six guns stolen in farm raid
- £5m pledge to kick-start new campus
- Academy principal replaced by deputy
- Weddicar Rigg windfarm hearing goes to High Court
- Reborn Beacon to reopen its doors
- Complaint over refusal to reveal why Whitehaven sports stadium plan collapsed
- Cumbrian man denies schoolgirl sex assaults and downloading 6,500 child porn images
John Kane’s diagnosis seven years ago, at only 51, brought to an end years of scans, tests, and referrals; and years of feeling “not quite right” – but not being able to put his finger on it. "I knew there was something wrong and needed to know what. Then I could decide what to do, how to treat it, and how to get on with the rest of my life..." (5 comments)
CLEATOR Moor Celtic smashed its fundraising target at an Easter fun day.
Read how a new co-ordinator hopes to help Cleator Moor residents 'have a voice'. We hear from both sides of the elected mayor debate. There's a cash boost for Copeland Citizens Advice. We celebrate 'Cumbria at 40' in a souvenir supplement. And there's school holiday fun to be had at Cleator Moor Library, Howgill, the La'al Ratty and Whitehaven Harbour Youth - on sale now.
YOUR questions about the referendum for an elected mayor answered.
Cleator Moor Celtic football club opened their ground and clubhouse to the public as they celebrated Easter with a Family Fun Day.
Arts and crafts fun at St Peter's Church Hall,Woodhouse during the Easter break. View our slideshow and order prints from our photosales website www.whitehaven-news.co.uk/pictures