CONFUSION surrounds the future of St Bees School following the shock announcement it could re-open in 2016. (5 comments)
- Roadworks on A595 near Sellafield to start next week
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Cumbria’s NHS is failing cancer patients (1 comment)
- Free parking plea to help Egremont businesses
- 'The find of a lifetime' - Viking hoard unearthed (1 comment)
- Backlash fear as Labour rejects power-sharing offer (19 comments)
- Seascale mum’s charity jump after friend’s cancer diagnosis (3 comments)
- Come and support Sarah’s fundraiser
THOUSANDS were treated to an enthralling mix of stilted jugglers, live jazz, artisan food, mingling celebrities, make-overs and cookery master classes at this year’s Home and Garden Festival.
- TV star Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen - ‘I hate yellow, but purple is sexy’
- Nicky Clarke: From Hollywood to our harbourside
- Queen-of-clean Kim Woodburn offers life advice
- Chefs dish up perfect mix of the weird and wonderful
- Joe Swift puts on green-fingered masterclass
- ‘Whitehaven is a special place’ - wine guru Oz Clarke
Holt's Art Shop in Whitehaven will close this summer, a £6,500 reward is on offer for info on a horse attack near Millom, police lead tributes to former colleague Sandra Thomas, Mike Graham has been named as Copeland mayor Mike Starkie's advisor, a Moor Row cadet has been honoured, meet Egremont's youngest councillor, and a seven-page Home and Garden Show special.
The crowds filled the harbour to enjoy the Home and Garden Festival. Browse through our slideshow and order prints from our photosales website www.whitehaven-news.co.uk/pictures
CLICK HERE FOR A ROUND-UP OF ALL THIS WEEK'S NEWS: NEWS ROUND-UP
VE Day celebrations were held across Copeland. Browse through our slideshow of pictures taken at Distington School, Catherine Mill and Mirehouse Community Centre.
Kells RL suffer first league loss, Distington RL dominate with 60-10 hammering of Wath Brow, wickets tumble at Cleator, and Cumbria secure semi-final place.
All Whitehaven's Co-operative Championship and Challenge Cup fixtures and results for 2015.
THE carnivals of yesteryear were certainly lavish affairs. Take a step back in time and look at some images from the 1920s and 1930s that demonstrate how the crowds turned out for this annual highlight of the summer months