A man has appeared in court accused of trying to rape a nine-year-old girl in the public toilets of a Workington park.
- West Cumbrian chemical factory faces closure (2 comments)
- Cockermouth Main Street dug up again after sewer collapse (1 comment)
- Plans for memorial to steel industry in Workington
- Lottery blow for Cockermouth war commemorations (2 comments)
- County to consider West Cumbrian bypass call (2 comments)
- Owners speak out in Cockermouth trees row
A group of Maryport pensioners say they are willing to pay towards keeping the town’s main bus service running in response to major service cuts. (1 comment)
With more than 700 bombs in the mix, Bob and Roberta Beck’s marriage could have been an explosive affair.
The finalists for the CN Group Business Awards have been chosen, and judges say the standard is as high as ever.
A dingy unused room has been transformed into a pretty, pastel-coloured tea shop which opens today at a Cockermouth care home.
A Workington man says he still has fight in him yet after being ordered to pull down a tribute to his wife which he erected without planning permission. (4 comments)
Visit our Flickr page for a selection of photos from our members of Allerdale Snappers, the Flickr group attached to the Times & Star. Click here to join up and send us your photos!