Published at 15:43, Wednesday, 23 June 2010
EMPLOYING in excess of 400 people, Amcor Flexibles Cumbria continues to support the locality since it began its life as ‘Smith Brothers’ in 1880. Amcor Flexibles Cumbria, based in Salterbeck, is a business unit of Amcor Flexibles Europe & America.
Each year Amcor Flexibles Cumbria recruits talented young print apprentices. The successful recruits will learn how to run the huge printing presses, have on-site technical training and will attend residential training courses in Leeds throughout the three-year programme.
“I started Amcor Flexibles as a print apprentice five years ago. My experience has shown me that an NVQ Level 3 is an important qualification to achieve and can lead to excellent career opportunities in the future. I would highly recommend a print apprenticeship to any student who wants a life long career,” said Jonathan Straughton, printer.
James Hocking, a Year 2 print apprentice, added: “An apprenticeship with Amcor Flexibles is a great opportunity towards a career in an uncommon trade and offers an opportunity to learn a diverse range of skills in a challenging environment”.
The recruitment programme for September 2011 intake will be launched in November 2010. If you are interested in learning more about Print Apprenticeships contact Elly Bates, on 01946 839618.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (6 comments)
- Legal challenge over Cockermouth's Taste Cumbria event (16 comments)
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Nuclear college to be built in West Cumbria (8 comments)
- Comedian Sean Lock sells out Workington’s Carnegie Theatre in record time (5 comments)