Arson arrest after fire destroys family home
Last updated at 15:48, Tuesday, 25 December 2012
A 46-year-old man arrested on suspicion of arson has been released on bail.
Police arrested him after fire broke out in a house in Winderbrowe Avenue on Friday night.
He has been bailed until February 21 while investigations continue.
The family living there escaped unhurt but most of their possessions have been destroyed.
Police are appealing for information.
The fire at Windebrowe Avenue in Keswick began at around 11.47pm on Friday night, and tore through the house, leaving it gutted.
A car parked in the garage was also destroyed by the blaze.
The flames were so intense that headlights on cars nearby on the street melted.
First published at 11:22, Monday, 24 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts
- Restaurant owner died in crash after drink-driving - inquest
- Council disputes claim multi-storey car park is £1m flop (19 comments)
- Controversial Cockermouth housing estate plans given go ahead by Allerdale council (2 comments)