Bail extended for manslaughter suspect
Last updated at 12:15, Saturday, 09 February 2013
A man arrested in connection with the investigation into the death of mum Mica Atkinson has had his bail extended.
The 22-year-old from Whitehaven died in November, leaving devastated family, friends and her two-year-old daughter Lilly.
A 25-year-old man from Whitehaven was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. After answering police bail, he has been re-bailed until April while detectives continue with their investigations.
An inquest was opened in December into Miss Atkinson’s death, by West Cumbria coroner, David Roberts. The hearing was adjourned until June 13.
First published at 12:10, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Man, 36, arrested after serious sexual assault in West Cumbria
- Hunt for man throwing punches outside Cumbrian pub
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier
- Talks continue over Workington slag banks crucifix (21 comments)