Bail extended for manslaughter suspect
Last updated at 12:15, Saturday, 09 February 2013
A man arrested in connection with the investigation into the death of mum Mica Atkinson has had his bail extended.
The 22-year-old from Whitehaven died in November, leaving devastated family, friends and her two-year-old daughter Lilly.
A 25-year-old man from Whitehaven was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. After answering police bail, he has been re-bailed until April while detectives continue with their investigations.
An inquest was opened in December into Miss Atkinson’s death, by West Cumbria coroner, David Roberts. The hearing was adjourned until June 13.
First published at 12:10, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Cumbrian brothers accused of GBH were ‘watching rugby match’ - court
- Pram push to highlight concerns over West Cumberland Hospital services
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (7 comments)
- Hurtful parish letter puts vicar out of action
- Workington Jobcentre first in Cumbria to go digital