Bail extended for manslaughter suspect
Last updated at 12:15, Saturday, 09 February 2013
A man arrested in connection with the investigation into the death of mum Mica Atkinson has had his bail extended.
The 22-year-old from Whitehaven died in November, leaving devastated family, friends and her two-year-old daughter Lilly.
A 25-year-old man from Whitehaven was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. After answering police bail, he has been re-bailed until April while detectives continue with their investigations.
An inquest was opened in December into Miss Atkinson’s death, by West Cumbria coroner, David Roberts. The hearing was adjourned until June 13.
First published at 12:10, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- 45 people evacuated as bus catches fire near Cockermouth
- Missing ex-England rugby league international found safe and well
- West Cumbrian man admits sexual activity with child
- Tributes to Cumbria crash tragedy teenager
- 'We want hospital we were promised', MP tells 4,000-strong health rally (47 comments)