Biker injured in Cumbrian road crash
Last updated at 19:50, Sunday, 06 May 2012
A motorcyclist suffered leg injuries following a crash on the A595 at Gosforth yesterday.
It was one of two accidents on the main west Cumbrian road in less than an hour.
The first, in which a car overturned, happened at about 6.30pm on the Distington bypass.
A female passenger sustained an arm injury while the male driver was said to be in shock.
The road was closed northbound until about 10.45pm while the car was recovered.
The second accident, involving a motorbike and a car, happened at New Mill, Gosforth, at about 7.10pm.
The male motorcyclist was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven, with serious leg injuries. The female driver of the car, a Ford Focus, was uninjured.
The road was closed in both directions until about 11pm.
First published at 19:24, Saturday, 05 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named
- Crisis talks as whole of Cockermouth Main Street to close for £1.7m work (9 comments)
- Calling time on Circuit Bar after 25 years
- £24,000 electric bill for £26,000 West Cumbrian chapel
- Man stole beer and chocolate buttons in store raid - police issue CCTV picture