Biker injured in Cumbrian road crash
Last updated at 19:50, Sunday, 06 May 2012
A motorcyclist suffered leg injuries following a crash on the A595 at Gosforth yesterday.
It was one of two accidents on the main west Cumbrian road in less than an hour.
The first, in which a car overturned, happened at about 6.30pm on the Distington bypass.
A female passenger sustained an arm injury while the male driver was said to be in shock.
The road was closed northbound until about 10.45pm while the car was recovered.
The second accident, involving a motorbike and a car, happened at New Mill, Gosforth, at about 7.10pm.
The male motorcyclist was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven, with serious leg injuries. The female driver of the car, a Ford Focus, was uninjured.
The road was closed in both directions until about 11pm.
First published at 19:24, Saturday, 05 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- CRAIG HAUGHIN, 42, from Whitehaven, is operations director for Tata Steel Projects
- Workington Reds trail ex-Carlisle Utd defender Dan Wordsworth
- Obituary - Jimmy Glaister, of Bassenthwaite
- Alan Dawson builds on all his experience with an award and a new job
- Better finishing gives Workington the points