Biker injured in Cumbrian road crash
Last updated at 19:50, Sunday, 06 May 2012
A motorcyclist suffered leg injuries following a crash on the A595 at Gosforth yesterday.
It was one of two accidents on the main west Cumbrian road in less than an hour.
The first, in which a car overturned, happened at about 6.30pm on the Distington bypass.
A female passenger sustained an arm injury while the male driver was said to be in shock.
The road was closed northbound until about 10.45pm while the car was recovered.
The second accident, involving a motorbike and a car, happened at New Mill, Gosforth, at about 7.10pm.
The male motorcyclist was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven, with serious leg injuries. The female driver of the car, a Ford Focus, was uninjured.
The road was closed in both directions until about 11pm.
First published at 19:24, Saturday, 05 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Cumbrian businessman's shock after BT misdirects calls to rival firm
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier (2 comments)
- Blow for Workington Comets as rider breaks collar bone