Our thoughts are with you
Published at 21:57, Thursday, 26 November 2009
HOW distressed I was to see the devastation in Cockermouth and Workington because of the floods.
Although I haven't visited the area in over 20 years it will always mean a lot to me as my grandmother and my father were born at Workington and my late cousins Alf and Sarah Waugh lived in Cockermouth.
I still have relatives in the area although we have unfortunately lost contact, so I hope they are all okay.
They are descendants of the Jeffrey/Waugh families, especially Pat Richardson nee Heywood.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (43 comments)
- Tributes to ‘one of Maryport’s loveliest men’ (4 comments)
- Maryport woman in court on Workington care home neglect charges
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Bidders needed to help serve up cafe on Maryport estate (1 comment)