Our thoughts are with you
Published at 21:57, Thursday, 26 November 2009
HOW distressed I was to see the devastation in Cockermouth and Workington because of the floods.
Although I haven't visited the area in over 20 years it will always mean a lot to me as my grandmother and my father were born at Workington and my late cousins Alf and Sarah Waugh lived in Cockermouth.
I still have relatives in the area although we have unfortunately lost contact, so I hope they are all okay.
They are descendants of the Jeffrey/Waugh families, especially Pat Richardson nee Heywood.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (8 comments)
- Pram push to highlight concerns over West Cumberland Hospital services
- Cumbrian brothers accused of GBH were ‘watching rugby match’ - court
- Workington Jobcentre first in Cumbria to go digital (1 comment)
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria