Thanks to the emergency services and volunteers who helped me
Last updated at 07:03, Friday, 06 November 2009
MAY I express my thanks for the fantastic assistance I received after suffering a triple fracture to my right ankle incurred whilst descending from the fells after marshalling at the National Fell Running Championships.
You reported it briefly in your newspaper, but I feel that I have to publicly state how marvellous all the emergency agencies involved have been.
From the first contact with the superb Cockermouth Mountain Rescue Team, then the NHS ambulance crew, and finally the wonderful and reassuring attention I received in the West Cumberland Hospital where they screwed all the bits together most expertly.
Many thanks to all the participants in this incident which has reinforced my faith and pride in living in West Cumbria and being the most grateful recipient of their generous and heartwarming nature.
First published at 22:33, Thursday, 05 November 2009
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)