Is anyone else finding it hard to muster the energy for exercise in this hot weather?
I certainly am.
To be honest I feel like I've been a bit lazy for a couple of weeks now.
Tonight I've been out for my first jog in what seems like ages.
I haven't been slacking off completely, you understand.
I've been quite good actually, heading to the gym two or three times a week.
I'm trying to go along three times a week.
Paying for a year's membership has been quite a good incentive as I like to get my money's worth.
The more times I go, the less it works out per visit.
With the weather hot it's less easy to drum up the enthusiasm to work up an exercise sweat.
I decided to make the most of the hot weather on Friday and enjoy a day off work with a walk in the fells.
It was more of a stroll/stagger from Keswick up Skiddaw then down via Dodd but there was quite a nice cooling breeze high up.
For some reason, though, although it was exercise, it didn't feel quite the same as a workout.
The weekend was so warm it was hard to get off the sofa at times, let alone walk in the blazing heat to the gym to sweat for England on the treadmill and rowing machine.
I overcame the problem on Sunday with an early morning visit (I say early; it was about 9.30am but in fairness the gym didn't open until 9am).
That meant I could get there before the heat got up.
I'm going away this weekend so I'm trying to get in my gym visits and exercise before I go.
Today I decided it was time to pound the streets again, considering I hadn't been out for a while.
It was hard work and my knees weren't keen on it.
I think I ought to alternate better between the gym and a good jog.
Published: May 29, 2012
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- It's too hot for working out
- Gluten-free challenge - day seven (1 comment)
- Gluten-free challenge - day six
- Gluten-free challenge - day five
- Gluten-free challenge - day four (1 comment)
- Gluten-free challenge - day three (1 comment)
- Gluten-free challenge - day two
- Gluten-free challenge - day one
- Challenges all round
- I've only gone and joined the gym
- Up for a foodie challenge
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)