Body found during search for missing man in Lake District
Last updated at 12:50, Monday, 30 April 2012
A search helicopter has found the body of a man in the Lake District.
A 63-year-old man was reported missing at 7.50pm yesterday after failing to return to his hotel following the Buttermere Fell Run.
Mountain rescue, search and rescue teams and the police searched the area until about 3am today.
The search resumed at first light this morning and the body was found in the Scar Crags area, below Crag Hill, at 9.43am.
It has not been confirmed that this is the body of the missing man.
Formal identification will take place later today.
First published at 10:47, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- 45 people evacuated as bus catches fire near Cockermouth
- Missing ex-England rugby league international found safe and well
- Tributes to Cumbria crash tragedy teenager
- 'We want hospital we were promised', MP tells 4,000-strong health rally (39 comments)
- West Cumbrian man admits sexual activity with child