Body found during search for missing man in Lake District
Last updated at 12:50, Monday, 30 April 2012
A search helicopter has found the body of a man in the Lake District.
A 63-year-old man was reported missing at 7.50pm yesterday after failing to return to his hotel following the Buttermere Fell Run.
Mountain rescue, search and rescue teams and the police searched the area until about 3am today.
The search resumed at first light this morning and the body was found in the Scar Crags area, below Crag Hill, at 9.43am.
It has not been confirmed that this is the body of the missing man.
Formal identification will take place later today.
First published at 10:47, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Crash blocks busy Cumbrian road junction
- Cumbrian hospital operating theatres to stay shut after alert
- Car ends up on its side as crash blocks West Cumbrian road junction
- Go-ahead for superfast broadband roll-out across Cumbria (19 comments)
- Thousands welcome Duke of Lancaster's troops to Whitehaven (5 comments)