Body of elderly man found in River Derwent
Published at 08:50, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
The body of an elderly man has been found in a Cumbrian river.
Emergency services were called to the River Derwent at Camerton - near an area known locally as Cod Fitz - at 2.50pm yesterday.
The man has been identified as Henry Stephenson, aged 80, of Gote Road, Cockermouth.
His family said this afternoon (Tuesday): “He was a lovely person, he was a very private man who had lived in Cockermouth most of his life.
"We can’t believe he has gone and he will be missed by us all.”
Police are not treating his death as suspicious.
The coroner has been informed.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Up to 73 jobs go as Cumbrian factory confirms closure (22 comments)
- Blow for Workington Comets as rider breaks collar bone
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier (1 comment)