Body on Maryport beach identified
Published at 11:26, Friday, 19 December 2008
A WOMAN who was found washed up on Maryport beach this week came from Cheshire, police revealed last night.
Karen Louise Dooley, 31, from Station Rd, Stockport, was formally identified yesterday.
Officers received a report from a member of the public who was walking his dog on Wednesday morning after the body of the woman was discovered.
The caller said he had found the body on rocks at the beach adjacent to Maryport Golf Club along the Allonby Road.
Police, Workington CID, the coastguard and paramedics were called to the beach and the area was sealed off as a crime scene
Miss Dooley’s car, a Toyota Corolla, was located and recovered from a location close to where her body was found.
It is understood that the woman had been in the water for some time.
She was found at the high water mark.
A post mortem took place yesterday evening.
Miss Dooley was identified by one of her parents.
Police believe there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding Miss Dooley’s death.
The coroner has been informed and an inquest will be opened in due course.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Workington factory to close with loss of 152 jobs (3 comments)
- Legal challenge over Cockermouth's Taste Cumbria event (16 comments)
- Nuclear college to be built in West Cumbria (7 comments)
- Cumbrian man suffers serious facial injuries in attack
- Comedian Sean Lock sells out Workington’s Carnegie Theatre in record time (5 comments)