Car driver charged over man's death in Allonby
Last updated at 12:00, Saturday, 02 February 2013
A 21-year-old man has appeared in court charged with manslaughter.
Kyle Twentyman, of Allonby, appeared before Carlisle Magistrates’ Court yesterday. He did not enter a plea.
Twentyman is accused of unlawfully killing Raymond Pattinson, who suffered fatal injuries after being struck by a car.
Mr Pattinson, 20, of Edinburgh Road, Maryport, died in the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven in March last year after he was hit by a Suzuki Swift on the main road through Allonby.
He had been working as a junior chef at the Old Postinghouse, Deanscales, near Cockermouth.
Twentyman spoke only to confirm his name and address and the case was adjourned until February 25, when it will be heard at Carlisle Crown Court.
Twentyman was released on bail.
First published at 11:10, Saturday, 02 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- HAVE YOUR SAY: West Cumbria's answer to Angel of the North (29 comments)
- Lidl plans to open store in Maryport (5 comments)
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand (9 comments)
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (42 comments)
- Jobs go as West Cumbrian metal firm shuts (6 comments)