Carlisle Utd boss runs rule over Hull's Gavan Holohan
Last updated at 14:01, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Greg Abbott is continuing is search for new talent by running the rule over young Hull midfielder Gavan Holohan.
The 20-year-old Irish player is understood to have been to Brunton Park for a trial earlier this week.
The Hull reserve team regular is out of contract at the Championship club in the summer and is also being eyed by SPL side Hibernian.
Holohan, born in Kilkenny, is believed to have spent time with Abbott’s squad this week.
The Blues declined to confirm whether the Under-19 international has been at the club.
But Holohan confirmed on his Twitter account that he had been in Carlisle on Monday.
He was also due to play in a trial game for Hibs yesterday and it is unclear whether United will be following up their interest in the midfielder.
It is not uncommon for Abbott to run the rule over young trialists over the course of the season and the Blues boss has other players on his radar.
First published at 11:37, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- 45 people evacuated as bus catches fire near Cockermouth
- Missing ex-England rugby league international found safe and well
- Tributes to Cumbria crash tragedy teenager
- 'We want hospital we were promised', MP tells 4,000-strong health rally (39 comments)
- West Cumbrian man admits sexual activity with child