Couple's Christmas baby joy
Last updated at 11:44, Saturday, 29 December 2012
Santa brought the perfect Christmas present for Paul Dobinson and Natalie McDowell – a baby daughter Freya.
She arrived at 10.20am on Christmas Day weighing 9lb 8.5oz, the day’s only delivery at the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
Proud dad Paul, 28, said: “She was due on December 11 so we never expected her to be born on Christmas Day.
“She’s the perfect Christmas present.
“We’ve been in the hospital since three o’clock on Sunday morning.
“Natalie had some pain and they kind of pushed her on.
“It’s been a long one. We’re just relieved now she’s here.”
The couple live in Blackburn Street, Workington.
Paul is a printing-plate maker and Natalie, 25, a tax adviser. Freya is their first child.
She was the only Christmas Day delivery at the West Cumberland Hospital.
There was also one Christmas Day arrival at the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle, a baby girl born at 5pm.
First published at 11:18, Friday, 28 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)