Cumbria police cancel bail for man arrested on suspicion of murder
Published at 08:51, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
A man arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in her Cumbrian flat has been released without charge.
Police arrested the 28-year-old Workington man following the sudden death of Demi Burns at Newlands Gardens, Workington, on November 11.
They confirmed today that he has now had his bail cancelled, meaning no further action will be taken against him.
The investigation into the circumstances surrounding Miss Burns' death is ongoing, says the force.
Tributes have been paid to pregnant Miss Burns, 21, who was originally from Whitehaven and a former St Benedict’s School pupil.
Her family said was a "beautiful, caring young woman" who always put others before herself.
A post-mortem has been held and further tests are ongoing to establish the cause of death.
An inquest into her death has been opened and adjourned.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- HAVE YOUR SAY: £300m West Cumbrian water supply move to save mussels (14 comments)
- Tributes to West Cumbrian health worker found dead (2 comments)
- Facelift for Workington Hall if council can stump up the £300,000 (7 comments)
- Workington man in court over child sex attack
- Call for action in Cockermouth over huge trees (5 comments)