Cumbria police warn about festive thieves
Published at 11:07, Saturday, 08 December 2012
Police are urging people to watch out for opportunist thieves.
In the run up to Christmas officers have seen an increase in crimes where people have left their homes or vehicles unattended for a matter of minutes only to find that thieves have taken something.
The latest incident saw sneak-in burglars target a house on Central Road in Dearham, near Maryport, where they stole a wallet, containing cash and bank cards.
A Cumbria police spokeswoman said: “In the run-up to Christmas opportunist burglars and thieves are out and about.”
She said that a common problem is when people pop out to nearby shops and don’t lock their doors and when people defrost their cars – only for thieves to get into the houses or cars and steal items.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier (1 comment)
- Cumbrian businessman's shock after BT misdirects calls to rival firm
- Blow for Workington Comets as rider breaks collar bone