Cumbria rail line closed after crash
Last updated at 11:56, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
The Carlisle to Whitehaven rail line was closed after a car hit a bridge in Wigton.
The 2.20pm service from Carlisle to west Cumbria was delayed while Network Rail engineers checked the bridge near Wigton station yesterday.
Only minor damage was found and the Northern Rail services were restored later by 3.30pm.
Meanwhile a signalling problem caused disruption between Carlisle and Appleby at about 4.10pm yesterday.
It meant trains between the city and Leeds were delayed by up to 20 minutes.
Earlier in the day a broken down freight train at Penrith caused 45 minute hold-ups on the Carlisle to Lancaster line.
First published at 11:40, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Boiler problem shuts Workington swimming pools
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- ‘Cost fears’ prevented council’s challenge to Cockermouth Market Place ruling (26 comments)
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)