Cumbria rail line closed after crash
Last updated at 11:56, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
The Carlisle to Whitehaven rail line was closed after a car hit a bridge in Wigton.
The 2.20pm service from Carlisle to west Cumbria was delayed while Network Rail engineers checked the bridge near Wigton station yesterday.
Only minor damage was found and the Northern Rail services were restored later by 3.30pm.
Meanwhile a signalling problem caused disruption between Carlisle and Appleby at about 4.10pm yesterday.
It meant trains between the city and Leeds were delayed by up to 20 minutes.
Earlier in the day a broken down freight train at Penrith caused 45 minute hold-ups on the Carlisle to Lancaster line.
First published at 11:40, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Cumbrian businessman's shock after BT misdirects calls to rival firm
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier (2 comments)
- Blow for Workington Comets as rider breaks collar bone