Cumbrian cats trapped for use in training killer dogs
Last updated at 09:07, Saturday, 31 March 2012
Killer dogs are being set on cats which have been deliberately trapped in west Cumbria.
Police are investigating an incident yesterday morning where a cat had been trapped in a cage at the back of Ellenfoot Drive in Maryport.
A police spokeswoman said: “A tin of tuna had been put into the cage to entice the cat inside. Once inside it gets trapped. Fortunately, on this occasion, someone saw the cat and released it. It would appear cats are being sought to train dogs to kill. We had a similar incident in Workington a while ago.”
Police told owners to be careful when letting their cats out. They would like to speak to a man seen walking two Lurcher-type dogs in the area yesterday morning.
Contact them on 101.
First published at 08:57, Saturday, 31 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)