Cumbrian fire crews free man trapped in lorry cab after crash
Published at 11:03, Thursday, 06 December 2012
Emergency crews were called out after a lorry left a main road in icy conditions, trapping its driver in his cab.
Firefighters from Carlisle and Longtown spent around 90 minutes freeing the driver from the vehicle, which had flipped on to its side on the A7 near the auction mart in Longtown.
They used cutting equipment and a winch to release the driver, who was conscious throughout. He was treated by the ambulance service.
The incident happened at about 8.45pm yesterday.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Snooker hall demolition planned in Workington (2 comments)
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)