Cumbrian man charged with raping girl, 13
Last updated at 07:40, Friday, 15 February 2013
A man has appeared in court charged with 11 sex offences – including three counts of raping a child.
Tony McDougall, 24, of Moor Road, Longtown, did not enter a plea when he appeared at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
He spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
McDougall is charged with three counts of raping a 13-year-old girl, and eight counts of intentionally touching a girl, aged 13, in a sexual way.
The incidents happened on various dates or over various time periods between January 1, 2005, and April 18, 2005.
McDougall’s case was committed to Carlisle Crown Court. He will appear there on March 4. He was granted unconditional bail.
First published at 07:38, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named
- Crisis talks as whole of Cockermouth Main Street to close for £1.7m work (9 comments)
- Calling time on Circuit Bar after 25 years
- £24,000 electric bill for £26,000 West Cumbrian chapel
- Man stole beer and chocolate buttons in store raid - police issue CCTV picture