Cumbrian man denies trying to rape schoolgirl
Last updated at 14:39, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
A man who allegedly tried to rape a schoolgirl had previously told her that he knew women enjoyed sex much more than men, a court heard yesterday.
Norman Foster Bousfield, 57, had earlier “bribed” the 13-year-old with lager as he engaged in increasingly serious sexual behaviour with her, it was alleged.
He told her she was “pretty” and had a “good body” and blamed the short skirt she often wore for giving him sexual thoughts, a jury heard.
Details of the Kirkby Stephen man’s alleged behaviour were described by prosecuting counsel Nick Kennedy on the first day of the trial.
Bousfield, of Fletcher Hill Park, Kirkby Stephen, has pleaded not guilty to one charge of attempted rape, three of sexual activity with a child and one of inciting her to engage in sexual activity.
The trial continues.
First published at 13:38, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Jobs go as West Cumbrian metal firm shuts (6 comments)
- PHOTOS: Downies clinch second game in Workington series
- Alan Dawson builds on all his experience with an award and a new job
- Alan Dawson back on TV with eco-friendly school extension (3 comments)
- PHOTOS: Downies swing first victory against Uppies