Cumbrian man kicked while protecting his dog from bull mastiffs
Last updated at 09:17, Monday, 09 April 2012
A man was kicked as he tried to protect his dog from three bull mastiffs.
The 58-year-old from High Harrington, was walking his dog in an area known as the slag heap near Workington pier.
When his dog was attacked, the man lifted the animal to protect it and remonstrated with the owner of the other dogs.
The owner of the bull mastiffs threatened him and then kicked him.
Police are investigating the incident and looking for CCTV footage.
First published at 09:11, Monday, 09 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Man, 36, arrested after serious sexual assault in West Cumbria
- Hunt for man throwing punches outside Cumbrian pub
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier
- Talks continue over Workington slag banks crucifix (21 comments)