Cumbrian man sexually assaulted sleeping teenager
Last updated at 10:34, Saturday, 17 November 2012
A Workington man who sexually assaulted a sleeping 16-year-old girl has been spared a jail term.
Stuart Gorman, 19, of Coniston Drive, assaulted the girl on four separate occasions between September 1 and December 20 last year.
Carlisle Crown Court was told yesterday that Gorman was a “troubled young man”. He admitted to police that what he had done was “utterly unreasonable”.
The girl, who reported matters to police, said she had felt “violated and worried” after what had happened.
Justice Rabinder Singh, sentencing, said: “You were, and are, an immature young man who is troubled particularly in relation to sexual issues.”
He imposed a 12-month prison sentence suspended for 12 months, a 12-month supervision order, a four-month curfew between 9pm and 7am.
Gorman must also sign the sex offenders’ register for 10 years.
First published at 10:16, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- HAVE YOUR SAY: West Cumbria's answer to Angel of the North (9 comments)
- Lidl plans to open store in Maryport (3 comments)
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (29 comments)
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand (7 comments)
- Closure of two Cumbrian schools to go ahead