Cumbrian man to face trial over A66 death crash
Last updated at 09:45, Saturday, 09 July 2011
A Brigham man is to go on trial charged with causing death by careless driving.
Alan William Holmes, 23, of High Brigham, has pleaded not guilty to causing the death of Richard Beaty on the A66 at Chapel Brow last March.
Mr Holmes with stand trial at West Cumbria Court House in Workington on October 12.
Mr Beaty, a motorcyclist, died following a collision near Great Clifton on March 2 last year.
The father-of-five, from Main Street in Cockermouth, was 43.
First published at 08:59, Saturday, 09 July 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Gale-force winds wreak havoc across Cumbria (1 comment)
- World's first underground cricket match held in Lake District
- Pub's plans to stay open until 4.30am blasted by council (9 comments)
- Carlisle Utd's Brunton Park ground to host 2014 Pirelli rally
- World record price set for Sheila Fell painting at Cumbria auction house (1 comment)