Cumbrian man to face trial over A66 death crash
Last updated at 09:45, Saturday, 09 July 2011
A Brigham man is to go on trial charged with causing death by careless driving.
Alan William Holmes, 23, of High Brigham, has pleaded not guilty to causing the death of Richard Beaty on the A66 at Chapel Brow last March.
Mr Holmes with stand trial at West Cumbria Court House in Workington on October 12.
Mr Beaty, a motorcyclist, died following a collision near Great Clifton on March 2 last year.
The father-of-five, from Main Street in Cockermouth, was 43.
First published at 08:59, Saturday, 09 July 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (4 comments)
- West Cumbrian woman banned from 45 shops
- Schools shut amid traffic chaos in snow-hit Cumbria (11 comments)
- Staff devastated after fire destroys part of Cumbrian hospital (6 comments)