Cumbrian man to face trial over A66 death crash
Last updated at 09:45, Saturday, 09 July 2011
A Brigham man is to go on trial charged with causing death by careless driving.
Alan William Holmes, 23, of High Brigham, has pleaded not guilty to causing the death of Richard Beaty on the A66 at Chapel Brow last March.
Mr Holmes with stand trial at West Cumbria Court House in Workington on October 12.
Mr Beaty, a motorcyclist, died following a collision near Great Clifton on March 2 last year.
The father-of-five, from Main Street in Cockermouth, was 43.
First published at 08:59, Saturday, 09 July 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (43 comments)
- Tributes to ‘one of Maryport’s loveliest men’ (4 comments)
- Maryport woman in court on Workington care home neglect charges
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Bidders needed to help serve up cafe on Maryport estate (1 comment)