Cumbrian man to face trial over A66 death crash
Last updated at 09:45, Saturday, 09 July 2011
A Brigham man is to go on trial charged with causing death by careless driving.
Alan William Holmes, 23, of High Brigham, has pleaded not guilty to causing the death of Richard Beaty on the A66 at Chapel Brow last March.
Mr Holmes with stand trial at West Cumbria Court House in Workington on October 12.
Mr Beaty, a motorcyclist, died following a collision near Great Clifton on March 2 last year.
The father-of-five, from Main Street in Cockermouth, was 43.
First published at 08:59, Saturday, 09 July 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- About 1,800 jobs to be axed at Cumbria County Council to help save £83 million
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Cumbrian mum reveals ordeal of son abandoned in Kuwait by security firm
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)