Cumbrian man accused of causing death of partner
Last updated at 12:33, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
A man has appeared in court accused of causing the death of a woman whose body was found in a lane near Kirkby Stephen in February.
John Trevor Dent, 49, was charged after his partner, 49-year-old grandmother Rose-Marie Valente, was found dead at Brough on February 27.
Dent was charged with causing her death by driving on the lane near his home in Swindale Grange, Brough, without due care and attention while he was over the legal drink-driving limit.
Dent was not asked to enter a plea to the charge during the brief hearing and will next appear in court on January 21. He was remanded on bail.
First published at 11:33, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- West Cumbrian woman banned from 45 shops
- Staff devastated after fire destroys part of Cumbrian hospital (6 comments)
- Schools shut amid traffic chaos in snow-hit Cumbria (11 comments)