Cumbrian murder bid man in court
Last updated at 13:20, Monday, 28 January 2013
A 71-year-old man has appeared before a judge today charged with attempting to murder his wife.
Norman Alan Pearson appeared at Carlisle Crown Court via a video link from Durham, Prison, where he is being held on remand.
He was arrested on Thursday, January 10 after an incident in which he is alleged to have tried to smother his 61-year-old wife Anne at their home in Dent View, Egremont.
Mrs Pearson was treated at home by paramedics and did not require hospital treatment.
At the court hearing, which lasted less than five minutes, Pearson spoke only to confirm his name and tell the judge that he understood what was happening.
He will be asked to enter a plea the next time he is in court – on March 18.
If he pleads not guilty his trial is likely to start on June 24.
In the meantime he was remanded in custody.
First published at 13:17, Monday, 28 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Jobs go as West Cumbrian metal firm shuts (6 comments)
- Alan Dawson builds on all his experience with an award and a new job
- Alan Dawson back on TV with eco-friendly school extension (3 comments)
- PHOTOS: Downies clinch second game in Workington series
- PHOTOS: Downies swing first victory against Uppies