Cumbrian pub's May Bank Holiday licence plea rejected
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 27 April 2012
A Workington pub, which reopened under new management last month, will not be allowed to extend its hours over the first May Bank Holiday weekend.
Robyn McDowell, licensee of Padua’s on Washington Street, applied to Allerdale council’s licensing panel to operate until 3.10am on May 6 and May 7 instead of its usual 2am finish time.
Police objected, fearing that the later closing time could lead to crime and disorder and the panel agreed.
First published at 11:25, Friday, 27 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Tributes to West Cumbrian health worker found dead (9 comments)
- Cockermouth Main Street dug up again after sewer collapse (1 comment)
- Lottery blow for Cockermouth war commemorations (2 comments)
- Fight continues for Angel of the West in Workington (5 comments)
- Owners speak out in Cockermouth trees row