Curfew man damaged police car to get arrested
Published at 08:55, Saturday, 09 June 2012
A MAN who kicked off a police car’s wing mirror had become fed up and wanted to be arrested, a court heard.
Thirty-five-year-old Lee Murray was at what was then his home in Allonby on May 24 when police officers came to check he was not violating a curfew order.
Murray, who now lives at Shore Side, Siddick, had become frustrated with police checking on him at his home and had devised a plan to get himself arrested and sort the matter out, Carlisle Magistrates Court was told.
When the police came to check he responded by shouting abusive language at them and when this did not work he damaged the police car.
Murray was conditionally discharged for 12 months and must pay £250 compensation.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Annual Distington Vintage Rally gets into top gear
- Maryport woman in court on Workington care home neglect charges
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (48 comments)
- Bidders needed to help serve up cafe on Maryport estate (1 comment)
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure