Curfew man damaged police car to get arrested
Published at 08:55, Saturday, 09 June 2012
A MAN who kicked off a police car’s wing mirror had become fed up and wanted to be arrested, a court heard.
Thirty-five-year-old Lee Murray was at what was then his home in Allonby on May 24 when police officers came to check he was not violating a curfew order.
Murray, who now lives at Shore Side, Siddick, had become frustrated with police checking on him at his home and had devised a plan to get himself arrested and sort the matter out, Carlisle Magistrates Court was told.
When the police came to check he responded by shouting abusive language at them and when this did not work he damaged the police car.
Murray was conditionally discharged for 12 months and must pay £250 compensation.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- HAVE YOUR SAY: £300m West Cumbrian water supply move to save mussels (14 comments)
- Facelift for Workington Hall if council can stump up the £300,000 (7 comments)
- Workington man in court over child sex attack
- Call for action in Cockermouth over huge trees (5 comments)
- Tributes to West Cumbrian health worker found dead (2 comments)