X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Dogs rescued from shed blaze by Cumbrian firefighters

Six dogs were saved after firefighters stopped a blaze spreading to their kennels.

It is believed that an electric heater had caught fire inside a tool shed, in the grounds of a property in Rosehill, Whitehaven, in the early hours of this morning.

The owners were woken by the sound of popping, and saw the fire. Fire crews from Whitehaven were called to the incident at about 3.30am, and spent about 30 minutes fighting the fire.

A fire service spokesman said: “They were very lucky, because there was a heating boiler and another structure right next to the tool shed, and behind it were dog kennels with six dogs inside.

“The owners heard the popping, which could have been aerosol cans or timber, or even the tyres on a ride-on lawn mower inside.”

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Hot jobs
Search for:

Vote

Is it right for the county council to charge a £20 admin fee for residents' parking permits?

Yes, the council needs to cover its costs.

No, we pay enough taxes and fees already.

Show Result