Family tribute to woman found dead in Cumbrian flat
Published at 11:22, Thursday, 15 November 2012
The family of a pregnant woman found dead in her flat have paid tribute to “a beautiful, caring young woman.”
Demi Burns, aged 21, was discovered in her home at Newlands Gardens, Moorclose, Workington, on Sunday afternoon.
In a statement released today, her family said: “Demi was a beautiful, caring young woman who was loved dearly by all her family and friends.
"She always put others before herself and adored her family, especially her mam, gran and pop.
“The hole in our lives she has left will never ever be filled, the light in our hearts has gone out forever. We will miss you always our princess.”
Police are investigating the circumstances of Miss Burns' death.
Further tests have been requested by a Home Office pathologist following a post mortem.
The coroner has been informed.
A 28-year-old local man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed until January 2013, pending further inquiries.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- No votes win in Workington referendum but polls see low turnout (28 comments)
- Driver arrested after car crashes into garden, flips over, just misses house
- Call for discounted supermarkets in West Cumbria
- Local firms will be able to bid for Workington leisure centre work
- New Workington heads pledge to turn around troubled schools