A Lake District hotel which has gone green is preparing for its busiest time of the year. Overwater Hall at Ireby near Bassenthwaite Lake receives most of its guests during September and October – and has been extending the eco-friendly measures which it says are proving popular with holidaymakers.
All recycling facilities for north, west and east Cumbria - together with what you can recycle at them - are listed here in our handy guide
As the threats to our environment grow more and more worrying, most people accept the importance of measures such as conserving energy and recycling rubbish.
Resource Cumbria is the county’s waste partnership between the seven local authorities – the six districts and boroughs and the county council. It is responsible for dealing with all of the county’s household rubbish, of which more than 260,000 tonnes were created last year
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- West Cumbrian woman banned from 45 shops
- Staff devastated after fire destroys part of Cumbrian hospital (6 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- Man killed in crash on Cumbrian road named (8 comments)