A Lake District hotel which has gone green is preparing for its busiest time of the year. Overwater Hall at Ireby near Bassenthwaite Lake receives most of its guests during September and October – and has been extending the eco-friendly measures which it says are proving popular with holidaymakers.
All recycling facilities for north, west and east Cumbria - together with what you can recycle at them - are listed here in our handy guide
As the threats to our environment grow more and more worrying, most people accept the importance of measures such as conserving energy and recycling rubbish.
Resource Cumbria is the county’s waste partnership between the seven local authorities – the six districts and boroughs and the county council. It is responsible for dealing with all of the county’s household rubbish, of which more than 260,000 tonnes were created last year
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)