Fire crews tackling large blaze on edge of Carlisle
Last updated at 11:55, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Fire crews have got a large blaze on the outskirts of Carlisle under control.
They have started the dampening down process at North West Recycling Limited at Kingmoor Park after fighting the blaze for several hours today.
Hose jets, a thermal imaging camera and heavy plant machinery are being used to check for any remaining hotspots.
Fire engines from Carlisle East and Carlisle West stations, together with crews from Brampton and Gretna and an aerial appliance from Carlisle, were called to the scene.
About one hundred square metres of mixed recycling was said to be well alight.
The fire was contained in one corner of the building. It is estimated that only about 20 per cent of the building was affected by the blaze, says the fire service.
The brigade was alerted at about 10.45am.
First published at 12:55, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- HAVE YOUR SAY: West Cumbria's answer to Angel of the North (10 comments)
- Lidl plans to open store in Maryport (3 comments)
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand (7 comments)
- Burglar cried out after being hit by door he was hiding behind
- Councils will be unable to veto underground nuclear waste plans - Government (12 comments)