Fire crews tackling large blaze on edge of Carlisle
Last updated at 11:55, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Fire crews have got a large blaze on the outskirts of Carlisle under control.
They have started the dampening down process at North West Recycling Limited at Kingmoor Park after fighting the blaze for several hours today.
Hose jets, a thermal imaging camera and heavy plant machinery are being used to check for any remaining hotspots.
Fire engines from Carlisle East and Carlisle West stations, together with crews from Brampton and Gretna and an aerial appliance from Carlisle, were called to the scene.
About one hundred square metres of mixed recycling was said to be well alight.
The fire was contained in one corner of the building. It is estimated that only about 20 per cent of the building was affected by the blaze, says the fire service.
The brigade was alerted at about 10.45am.
First published at 12:55, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named
- Crisis talks as whole of Cockermouth Main Street to close for £1.7m work (9 comments)
- Calling time on Circuit Bar after 25 years
- £24,000 electric bill for £26,000 West Cumbrian chapel
- Man stole beer and chocolate buttons in store raid - police issue CCTV picture