Cumbrian bodybuilder picks up national award
Last updated at 22:46, Thursday, 30 June 2011
A Harrington man has picked up the top prize in a national body building competition.
Shaun Watson, of Mountain View, was named winner in the masters over 40 years class at the National Amateur Body Builders Association’s Mr Britain competition.
The competition saw the UK’s best in the sport battle it out to be named No1.
Watson’s success came after a brief spell in hospital following a training injury.
He said: “I have worked hard for this title so it means a great deal to me.
“I came third in the same competition last year but to win this year is just amazing.”
Watson, who has been body building for over 20 years, won the North West Body Builder of the Year award only the week before.
He trains daily with his partner Paula Ostle who competed alongside him this year.
Ostle came third in the qualifier for the Miss Britain but just missed out on the final round.
“My win has been in part to the support from Paula, my family and friends,” Watson said.
“Also thanks to Northside Community Centre, local gyms and Key2 Sports for their help with sponsorship and nutritional advice.”
First published at 19:21, Thursday, 30 June 2011
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts
- Restaurant owner died in crash after drink-driving - inquest
- Council disputes claim multi-storey car park is £1m flop (23 comments)
- Controversial Cockermouth housing estate plans given go ahead by Allerdale council (2 comments)