A man has appeared in court accused of trying to rape a nine-year-old girl in the public toilets of a Workington park.
- West Cumbrian chemical factory faces closure (1 comment)
- Cockermouth Main Street dug up again after sewer collapse (1 comment)
- Plans for memorial to steel industry in Workington
- Lottery blow for Cockermouth war commemorations (2 comments)
- County to consider West Cumbrian bypass call (2 comments)
- Owners speak out in Cockermouth trees row
The hunt is on to find Allerdale’s top sporting heroes.
A group of Maryport pensioners say they are willing to pay towards keeping the town’s main bus service running in response to major service cuts. (1 comment)
Roars of delight greeted a One Direction tribute act who performed to 400 boy band fans at Workington’s Carnegie Theatre yesterday.
The finalists for the CN Group Business Awards have been chosen, and judges say the standard is as high as ever.
Two West Cumbrian mums hope to get toes tapping when they open a dancewear shop in Workington next week.
A dingy unused room has been transformed into a pretty, pastel-coloured tea shop which opens today at a Cockermouth care home.
With more than 700 bombs in the mix, Bob and Roberta Beck’s marriage could have been an explosive affair.
A Workington man says he still has fight in him yet after being ordered to pull down a tribute to his wife which he erected without planning permission. (1 comment)
Visit our Flickr page for a selection of photos from our members of Allerdale Snappers, the Flickr group attached to the Times & Star. Click here to join up and send us your photos!