Sellafield shut to day workers
Published at 06:58, Friday, 31 January 2014
West Cumbria's Sellafield site has been shut to day workers this morning.
The firm says it is in response to an "operational condition" and the decision to suspend day operations was taken with the safety and the security of the worksforce as a priority.
It is not clear what has prompted the closure.
The site will continue to operate on shift manning levels and all shift, laundry, canteen, utilities and transport personnel are requested to atttend work as normal.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington factory to close with loss of 152 jobs (3 comments)
- Legal challenge over Cockermouth's Taste Cumbria event (16 comments)
- Nuclear college to be built in West Cumbria (7 comments)
- Comedian Sean Lock sells out Workington’s Carnegie Theatre in record time (5 comments)
- Cumbrian man suffers serious facial injuries in attack