Sellafield shut to day workers
Published at 06:58, Friday, 31 January 2014
West Cumbria's Sellafield site has been shut to day workers this morning.
The firm says it is in response to an "operational condition" and the decision to suspend day operations was taken with the safety and the security of the worksforce as a priority.
It is not clear what has prompted the closure.
The site will continue to operate on shift manning levels and all shift, laundry, canteen, utilities and transport personnel are requested to atttend work as normal.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Tributes to West Cumbrian health worker found dead (9 comments)
- Cockermouth Main Street dug up again after sewer collapse (1 comment)
- Lottery blow for Cockermouth war commemorations (2 comments)
- Fight continues for Angel of the West in Workington (3 comments)
- Owners speak out in Cockermouth trees row