Injured boy airlifted from west Cumbria to Newcastle hospital
Last updated at 10:42, Monday, 16 April 2012
An air ambulance flew a boy to a Newcastle hospital this afternoon with a suspected spinal injury.
The Pride of Cumbria was called to Derwent Park in Workington at about 3pm to help the ambulance service after receiving a report the 12-year-old had been hurt playing rugby.
The crew's doctor and paramedic assessed the child, from Workington, before he was airlifted to the speciality treatment unit at the Royal Victoria Infirmary.
His injuries were said to be serious. He was stable on arrival at the hospital.
First published at 20:13, Sunday, 15 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named
- Crisis talks as whole of Cockermouth Main Street to close for £1.7m work (9 comments)
- Calling time on Circuit Bar after 25 years
- £24,000 electric bill for £26,000 West Cumbrian chapel
- Man stole beer and chocolate buttons in store raid - police issue CCTV picture