Jobs go when Carlisle filling station closes
Last updated at 13:39, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
The Esso garage in London Road in Carlisle is to close at the end of the month.
Six employees at Harraby Green Filling Station will lose their jobs – one of whom has worked there for 18 years.
The filling station’s manager, Daz Pillai, believes that the site will be flattened but has no information about what will eventually become of it.
Nobody from Esso was available for comment.
The garage is due to close on January 30.
In contrast, Esso’s other Carlisle garage, in Currock Road, underwent a revamp last year.
Dave Harkins, national operations manager for Snax 24, the company which runs the Esso service station, said it was one of their busier petrol stations.
The company launched the new-look filling station with charity raffles and prize giveaways.
First published at 11:47, Monday, 14 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Snooker hall demolition planned in Workington (2 comments)
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)