Keswick romp to victory against Creighton
Last updated at 13:17, Wednesday, 12 October 2011
Keswick continued their pursuit of Whitehaven at the top of the Cumbria League with a 34-0 home win over Creighton last night.
A good crowd watched the game under the Davidson Park lights after it had been postponed on Saturday at Creighton’s request.
Keswick dominated the first-half and had established a 22-0 lead at the break, scoring four tries in the process to make sure of a bonus point.
Jamie McKenzie (2), Harry Hancock and Ben Bentham went in for the tries with Andy Muir converting one.
But on a wet night mistakes started to creep into the Keswick play as Creighton did better and for a long while it was stalemate with neither side threatening the respective try lines.
Keswick did finish strongly, however, and Lance Lake scored the fifth try 15 minutes from the end while Hancock added his second before the final whistle. Matty Roper converted one.
First published at 11:30, Wednesday, 12 October 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Fears over eroding coast road from Maryport to Silloth (2 comments)
- Workington’s new pub opens next week (3 comments)
- Seaton allotments owner taking holders to court (4 comments)
- Workington Reds boss: Wins over Ilkeston mean nothing
- West Cumbrian consultant in ‘fat cat’ pay claim media storm (5 comments)