Main West Cumbrian road blocked by crash
Last updated at 16:37, Friday, 09 November 2012
A main road in West Cumbria was blocked this afternoon by a crash.
The driver of a Ford Mondeo was taken to hospital with a suspected broken arm after his car was in collision with a flatbed lorry on the A596 near Workington.
Firefighters cut the roof off the car to remove the man and a baby boy who was in the back of the car.
The child, who police said was well strapped in, was uninjured.
The lorry driver was also unhurt.
Traffic was backed up in both directions after the crash, which happened between the New Balance factory at Flimby and the Indorama factory at Siddick.
The road was closed while firefighters freed the people from the car and police then directed traffic while the scene was cleared.
The accident happened at 3.30pm
First published at 15:59, Friday, 09 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts
- Restaurant owner died in crash after drink-driving - inquest
- Council disputes claim multi-storey car park is £1m flop (23 comments)
- Controversial Cockermouth housing estate plans given go ahead by Allerdale council (2 comments)