Man found dead at Lake District pass
Last updated at 12:35, Monday, 25 June 2012
The body of a 34-year-old man has been found by a member of the public at Honister Pass.
The man has been named as Philip Andrew Jenkinson from Loweswater.
Police say his death was sudden but not suspicious.
A force spokesman said: “On Friday June 22 a member at 2pm of the public found the body of 34-year-old Philip Andrew Jenkinson from Loweswater at the Honister Pass, Keswick.
“Police officers required the assistance of the Keswick Mountain Rescue Team to recover his body.
Mr Jenkinson is understood to have worked for Lawson’s Haulage Ltd in Cockermouth.
First published at 11:27, Monday, 25 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Crash blocks busy Cumbrian road junction
- Car ends up on its side as crash blocks West Cumbrian road junction
- Go-ahead for superfast broadband roll-out across Cumbria (19 comments)
- Cumbrian hospital operating theatres to stay shut after alert
- Thousands welcome Duke of Lancaster's troops to Whitehaven (5 comments)