A sweet new shop for Julie
Last updated at 14:43, Friday, 06 June 2014
A Cockermouth sweet shop has moved into bigger premises.
Cockermouth Sweet and Fudge Shop has moved a few doors down Main Street into what used to be LG’s cafe.
Owner Julie Watson said: “This place is larger and we have a full catering kitchen for making confectionery. We were making it in the shop before so were very tight for space.
“Now I want to expand our handmade confectionery range.
“I’m really excited for the future. I have lots of plans.”
Julie took over the business 18 months ago and runs it with her son, Matthew Latham, 18, and mother, Yvonne Watson.
The kitchen will be open so the public can see Julie at work making the confectionery.
First published at 14:41, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Last clinic for school nurse Ann
- Second award for lifeboat crew doctor
- Graffiti artist Banksy pops into Cockermouth?
- New beat for new mum Laura
- Girls bring alive poems of Rossetti
- Cockermouth's flood defence work is a ‘waste of money’ says leading trader
- West Cumbrian firm in court over the death of worker
- ‘Too rude for TV’ Roy Chubby Brown flies in
- Obituary - John Payton, of Cockermouth
- No change on taxi fares in Allerdale