A sweet new shop for Julie
Last updated at 14:43, Friday, 06 June 2014
A Cockermouth sweet shop has moved into bigger premises.
Cockermouth Sweet and Fudge Shop has moved a few doors down Main Street into what used to be LG’s cafe.
Owner Julie Watson said: “This place is larger and we have a full catering kitchen for making confectionery. We were making it in the shop before so were very tight for space.
“Now I want to expand our handmade confectionery range.
“I’m really excited for the future. I have lots of plans.”
Julie took over the business 18 months ago and runs it with her son, Matthew Latham, 18, and mother, Yvonne Watson.
The kitchen will be open so the public can see Julie at work making the confectionery.
First published at 14:41, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Boiler problem shuts Workington swimming pools
- Charity bike ride next week
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)
- Bargain Hunt crew visits West Cumbria
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Sarah Millican comes to Keswick
- COMING SOON: Uppies and Downies as it happens