A sweet new shop for Julie
Last updated at 14:43, Friday, 06 June 2014
A Cockermouth sweet shop has moved into bigger premises.
Cockermouth Sweet and Fudge Shop has moved a few doors down Main Street into what used to be LG’s cafe.
Owner Julie Watson said: “This place is larger and we have a full catering kitchen for making confectionery. We were making it in the shop before so were very tight for space.
“Now I want to expand our handmade confectionery range.
“I’m really excited for the future. I have lots of plans.”
Julie took over the business 18 months ago and runs it with her son, Matthew Latham, 18, and mother, Yvonne Watson.
The kitchen will be open so the public can see Julie at work making the confectionery.
First published at 14:41, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Welcome present for West Cumbrian drivers as petrol prices drop
- Crosby woman Jude’s is a model life she’s happy to see up on a wall
- Christmas shoppers brave West Cumbrian storm for late presents
- Workington Reds bid for big points haul from festive games
- Cockermouth homes protestors go to the ombudsman
- Santa brings early Christmas cheer to Maryport
- West Cumbrian students launch a space mission
- Potter throws last clay as Cockermouth shop is sold
- Strictly Kirkgate raised £5,000 for Cockermouth arts centre project
- Match day flowers tribute to Workington Town scoreboard man