A sweet new shop for Julie
Last updated at 14:43, Friday, 06 June 2014
A Cockermouth sweet shop has moved into bigger premises.
Cockermouth Sweet and Fudge Shop has moved a few doors down Main Street into what used to be LG’s cafe.
Owner Julie Watson said: “This place is larger and we have a full catering kitchen for making confectionery. We were making it in the shop before so were very tight for space.
“Now I want to expand our handmade confectionery range.
“I’m really excited for the future. I have lots of plans.”
Julie took over the business 18 months ago and runs it with her son, Matthew Latham, 18, and mother, Yvonne Watson.
The kitchen will be open so the public can see Julie at work making the confectionery.
First published at 14:41, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (1 comment)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (2 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines