A sweet new shop for Julie
Last updated at 14:43, Friday, 06 June 2014
A Cockermouth sweet shop has moved into bigger premises.
Cockermouth Sweet and Fudge Shop has moved a few doors down Main Street into what used to be LG’s cafe.
Owner Julie Watson said: “This place is larger and we have a full catering kitchen for making confectionery. We were making it in the shop before so were very tight for space.
“Now I want to expand our handmade confectionery range.
“I’m really excited for the future. I have lots of plans.”
Julie took over the business 18 months ago and runs it with her son, Matthew Latham, 18, and mother, Yvonne Watson.
The kitchen will be open so the public can see Julie at work making the confectionery.
First published at 14:41, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Boxing hero Frank Bruno enters ring for club
- Great Broughton woman's marathon
- Resignations prompt merger bid by two West Cumbrian GP surgeries
- Decision due over major West Cumbrian solar park
- Last day at school for administrator Linda
- Wind turbine councillor denies ‘hypocrisy’ claim
- All hands to pumps as fire takes hold at Flimby firm
- Vow of love for Maryport cancer fighter
- Nightmare on Mount Everest for West Cumbrian climbers
- Be part of a historic Uppies and Downies picture