A sweet new shop for Julie
Last updated at 14:43, Friday, 06 June 2014
A Cockermouth sweet shop has moved into bigger premises.
Cockermouth Sweet and Fudge Shop has moved a few doors down Main Street into what used to be LG’s cafe.
Owner Julie Watson said: “This place is larger and we have a full catering kitchen for making confectionery. We were making it in the shop before so were very tight for space.
“Now I want to expand our handmade confectionery range.
“I’m really excited for the future. I have lots of plans.”
Julie took over the business 18 months ago and runs it with her son, Matthew Latham, 18, and mother, Yvonne Watson.
The kitchen will be open so the public can see Julie at work making the confectionery.
First published at 14:41, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Did you hear Workington's big bang? (10 comments)
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Lakes College learners celebrated
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio
- Road closures for Flimby Carnival
- Art helps Brigham woman Carol on road to recovery