Al’s Kitchen is healthy choice
Last updated at 11:35, Friday, 04 April 2014
It's official – a Workington sandwich shop is one of the healthiest around!
Al’s Kitchen, on Harrington Road, has been given a healthy menu award by Allerdale council because it offers homemade, unprocessed meals, low in fat, sugar and salt.
As well as a standard menu, the shop, which opened seven years ago, offers customers a “healthy diet, healthy heart” menu, including baked potatoes with fillings such as cottage cheese.
It is a pilot scheme which is co-ordinated by Allerdale council and runs in Workington and Maryport.
Alison Quinn, owner, said: “I have always promoted healthy choices because for the past 30 years I have tried various diets.”
Aramark, which caters for staff at Eastman Chemical at Siddick, Workington, was also given an award.
First published at 11:29, Friday, 04 April 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Snooker hall demolition planned in Workington (2 comments)
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)