Al’s Kitchen is healthy choice
Last updated at 11:35, Friday, 04 April 2014
It's official – a Workington sandwich shop is one of the healthiest around!
Al’s Kitchen, on Harrington Road, has been given a healthy menu award by Allerdale council because it offers homemade, unprocessed meals, low in fat, sugar and salt.
As well as a standard menu, the shop, which opened seven years ago, offers customers a “healthy diet, healthy heart” menu, including baked potatoes with fillings such as cottage cheese.
It is a pilot scheme which is co-ordinated by Allerdale council and runs in Workington and Maryport.
Alison Quinn, owner, said: “I have always promoted healthy choices because for the past 30 years I have tried various diets.”
Aramark, which caters for staff at Eastman Chemical at Siddick, Workington, was also given an award.
First published at 11:29, Friday, 04 April 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Did you hear Workington's big bang? (10 comments)
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Lakes College learners celebrated
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio
- Road closures for Flimby Carnival
- Art helps Brigham woman Carol on road to recovery